Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Unkindest Cut

Just been through the worst Exam Season
Which had given me enough to ponder and reason.
I scratch my head and let the memory crawl
Searching for the unkindest cut of all.

I start with the usual suspects
My teachers whom I still respect.
Their lessons were beyond my reach
Seemed like all they wanted was to preach.
So were they the ones who drove me nuts?
Was it their's the unkindest of all cuts?

Next I lined up the examiner
For he was the executioner.
His questions were so difficult to fathom
As if prepared with just one motive - 'fail them'.
His questions had my mind in tatters
So did he deliever the unkindest of all cuts?

Alas just as Caeser had a friend like Brutus
I too had my fair share of betrayers.
They were all around me
Yet their answer-booklets, I could not see.
I yelled at them silently
Begged for their benevolence and answer for question three.
Their apathy made me sick to my guts
Perhaps their's was the unkindest of all cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment